Author Topic: Anybody know whats up with Walton and Taylor? Are they out of business?  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Roscoe Coles

• Top Active Citizen
  • SSS Spencer Shotgun Resident Expert
  • SASS #: 1188
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I have been lusting after some stuff from Walton and Taylor for a while and I sent them an E-mail and it bounced back.  Tried calling,  the number is disconnected.  I assume this means that they are out of business but does anyone know the story?  Is there some successor to the firm? In short, any way to get any of that cool stuff?

Offline Roscoe Coles

• Top Active Citizen
  • SSS Spencer Shotgun Resident Expert
  • SASS #: 1188
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Anybody know whats up with Walton and Taylor? Are they out of business?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »
I found out some information.  Through friends of friends I got in touch with the folks at Walton and Taylor, it turns out that they are (were) a subsidiary of a company called "Lost Battalions" who do WWII gear, particularly uniforms for German reenactors.  They do very  nice work and I knew of them from years doing British Airborne Recce reenacting.  Evidently times were a bit hard for the company and they were thinking of selling up but word got around and orders started to pour in so they are just reorganizing.  However, it seems, Walton and Taylor will not survive the reshuffle.  Lost Battalions  branched into the old west business because one of the principles was interested and had some historic connections, but it never took off.  They say the patterns still exist and there is some vague shuffling about how it might come back etc., but it feels like Walton and Taylor is dead.

Luckily, I was able to get in touch with them just as they were cleaning out their stock on hand and they had exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price so I bought it.   Just waiting for delivery. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com