Author Topic: Total Newbie question.  (Read 5683 times)

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Total Newbie question.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »
How did your adventure at CVV go?  Hope you had a great time.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 09:26:43 PM »
I had a *great* time - I spent the rest of the day wearing a "something"-eatin' grin! My only disappointment was that my missus wasn't able to go like she'd planned (last minute work). They (the CVV bunch) were good folks and she'd have enjoyed herself. After I came home with that big grin, she and my daughter had me tell 'em all what happened and my daughter (14 years old) said she wanted to go, too, if she could get dressed up. That caught me totally by surprise and I was quite pleased.

If there was ever any doubt about it being worth the trip out to visit the Ten Horns, it's gone. I am 100% convinced that I can enjoy both the SASS and the NCOWS. It's clear that they each have their own particular flavor, but a bit of variety really spices up life, and that's a good thing!

Offline lethal larry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I must admit that as someone just coming into shootiing (this is my first gun ever) fun is more important to me than competition. This looks sooooo much more fun than just putting holes in paper targets at the local range! I fit into the forty-niner category so there's no way I'd be competitive with the young'uns. I mean young-er 'uns.

My biggest frustration at this point is that the Texas Ten Horns - the nearest NCOWS club - is around an hour and a half away. I'm *not* a morning person, so I don't know if I'd be safe if I got up early enough to get there. Of course, I suppose that drive would give the coffee plenty of time to get working <grin>.

There are 2 SASS clubs within 30 minutes of me, one of which meets this weekend. I'd already talked the missus into visiting it this weekend before I'd even heard of NCOWS. I will get out to see the Texas Ten Horns within the next month. I'm under the impression that Cole Bluesteele is a member there. I promise I'll look you up when I get there.

Obviously I'll be around here as well.

Before you make the trip to shoot with us at the texas ten horns if you'll let us know what day your planning on joining us I'll bring extra guns, leather, etc. so you can try different stuff and see what you like and what feels better to you.
you can reach me through our club website at www.texastenhorns.com and look for Lethal Larry's information. Welcome to the wonderful world of Cowboy Action Shooting. Wonderful folks everywhere I've been to shoot.
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:54:30 AM »

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »