ASM Walkers

Started by Texas John Critter, June 11, 2009, 07:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas John Critter

Well I have a chance to get one of these hogs real reasonable.  Were/are they any good at all?  Would I be able to recoup my $150 if I don't like it?  I have wanted one of these for a long time.  Thanks!
He any good?
He's killed more people than smallpox!
Well hell, introduce us.

Flint

ASM was spotty, they were sometimes very good, and sometimes not.  If you can inspect it, it would be best case.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Major 2

What Flint said  ;) ....look it over and if it functions well  :) for $150 yeah !  I'd think you would not get hurt recoop wise.

I've bought many ASM's years ago for Film Props...all the Walkers we used in North & South II were ASM's not pig in the polk.
They were all early 80's guns , check the date code.
when planets align...do the deal !

Angel_Eyes

At that price, get it anyway!

Pull that puppy out at a meeting and suddenly everybody wants to weigh it ;D ;D ;D

As to accuracy,,mine shoots 4" high from POA at 25 yds,,but returns a 2" group!

(It will also hold 60gr Holy Black, if you want to make smoke!!

AE, (who's looking to pair his up)(sorry,,,mines a Uberti)
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Deadguy

I've read that ASM's Walkers generally were very good.  Pay the $150 and run away with them!
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

drjldavis

There isn't much choice when it comes to the 1847 Walker since Armi San Marco was first to produce the Walker with Uberti following.  Only two available except for the 2nd & 3rd Generation Colts which may include both Uberti and San Marco parts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com