Author Topic: Texas John Ringo  (Read 7957 times)

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Texas John Ringo
« on: January 24, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
Well Pards,

Texas John Ringo came and shot our NCOWS match today.  I'll say right up front he is a straight up pard and one I'd ride the river with.  He brought several guns and leather gear in order to be able to shoot with the appropriate equipment.  Can't ask for more of an effort than that for a new NCOWS shooter.

On a different note, we actually had shot together previously.  So we were able to recall some mutual experiences and acquantances.  He enjoyed our shoot and will be attending future matches.

Looks like we all won this one.

Cole Bluesteele

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Texas John Ringo
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

Very happy to hear that, Cole.

That's one of the downsides to the Internet, sometimes it's hard to pick up the nuances of someone's posts and things can get misunderstood.
Glad to know all went well and that he enjoyed himself. I'm sure you pards are also excellent ambassadors for the outfit. That couldn't hurt, either.

Tip o' the hat to you.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »
What Irish Dave said!! ;D ;D  Thanks for your efforts in the great state of Texas!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:07:10 PM »

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 07:52:31 PM »
Well Pards,

Texas John Ringo came and shot our NCOWS match today.  I'll say right up front he is a straight up pard and one I'd ride the river with.  He brought several guns and leather gear in order to be able to shoot with the appropriate equipment.  Can't ask for more of an effort than that for a new NCOWS shooter.

On a different note, we actually had shot together previously.  So we were able to recall some mutual experiences and acquantances.  He enjoyed our shoot and will be attending future matches.

Looks like we all won this one.

Cole Bluesteele

Thanks for the kind words Cole.

But I don't think I was too hard to win ;D

I tried today but was it ever cold-------------

Ringo

Online Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »
TJR;  I saw your post on the SASS wire.  I kinda figured that everyone's good nature would triumph.  I have been shooting in Canada for over 15 years, and haven't met a Pard that I didn't like, or at least, respect.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Ringo, I told you, you were going to like it. Sure good to have you shoot an NCOWS match. Now I've got to get you to Evansville for the National. Texas Jack  TJ   :D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 07:20:42 AM »
Ringo:

It was good to shoot with you yesterday. We've shot together at Peacemakers in Tyler, but this was my first opportunity to talk with you as we are usually on different posses. TJR is a standup pard with a true "cowboy spirit". I look forward to shooting with you again in NCOWS and SASS.

Preacher Clint

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »
Ringo
The last time we shot together was at Trail Head . That was always my favorite shoot . Hope you can make the National Shoot .

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
Ringo:

It was good to shoot with you yesterday. We've shot together at Peacemakers in Tyler, but this was my first opportunity to talk with you as we are usually on different posses. TJR is a standup pard with a true "cowboy spirit". I look forward to shooting with you again in NCOWS and SASS.

Preacher Clint

Thanks Preacher, good shooting with you too, we'll do it again.

Ringo

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »
Ringo
The last time we shot together was at Trail Head . That was always my favorite shoot . Hope you can make the National Shoot .
Rowdy, I'd like too, but that sure is a longgg way from Texas.
Maybe later but not this year.

Ringo

Offline Itchy Triggerfinger

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
It was 35 degrees in a wind at this last Saturday's shoot on January 24th.  We all agreed to leave after the 4th Stage so we could not call anyone WIMP.  However Ringo had the good sense to leave after the third stage.

I had a blast.  Shooting Working Cowboy in the future will make it easy to ride out on my Sportster.  THE American made gun cart.

Speaking of gun carts - I plan to build a NCOWS wheel barrow gun cart to comemorate Brother Dave Garner.  It will be christened, "Complicated Machinery."  "James Lewis, James Lewis!  You put that wheelbarrow down.  You know you don't know nuttin' 'bout complicated machinery!  See ya only have to buy one wagon wheel this way.  "Necessity is an inventive mother!"

A membership application is forthcoming thru the mails under the alias Bump n' Run.  Ya see Itchy Triggerfinger is but one of the many aliases or that dastardly scoundrel . . . . Shameless Womanizer!

Make sure to tell Irish Dave, he will be amused tell him to read my apology on the other wire . . .

Your humble servant,

Bump n' Run

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
"Pleased to meet you. Hope you've guessed my name." :D "My name is Legion."

Welcome to NCOWS. I'm glad you all had a good time.

But PUH-lease! 35 degrees with a wind sounds like Spring. ;)

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
At 2 pm it is all of 18 here in KC.  NOT spring at all!  Calling for 1 -3 inches of snow tonight and another 1 - 3 tomorrow.  Definitely NOT SPTING!!  >:(  :'(  :'(  :'(  And probably not as bad as RCJ is getting in New-brass-key. ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 02:12:55 PM »
Well at 9 degrees here in northern Iowa Dr.Bob 18 would be a heat wave.  ;D ;D  Spring is a long way off with more snow forecasted for this week.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »
You folks can keep that snow, ice, and cold weather up in Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
You folks can keep that snow, ice, and cold weather up in Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa.

We usually do. :(
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »
yeah unfortunately we can't share with our southern brothers no matter how much we would like to ;D ;D
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 02:57:10 PM »
Itchy...er Shameless...er Bump...

Welcome -- by whatever name you like. Happy to have you with us.
Very glad you're finding some good times in the NCOWS family.
Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Texas pards one o' these days.

Hell, one of the best friends I have in this life I met during an argument!
You just never know.....

PS: Read you post on the other board and responded there.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Well welcome all to NCOWS glad to have you. Talk about cold and bad weather they tell us the winter storm of the decade is coming. Snow, ice, and freezing rain. That sounds like no power and no travel. That's Southern IN and good ole KY. Lock everything down and break out the longjohns. TJ  :'(
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:09 PM »
...Shooting Working Cowboy in the future will make it easy to ride out on my Sportster.  THE American made gun cart.

Speaking of gun carts - I plan to build a NCOWS wheel barrow gun cart to comemorate Brother Dave Garner.  It will be christened, "Complicated Machinery."  "James Lewis, James Lewis!  You put that wheelbarrow down.  You know you don't know nuttin' 'bout complicated machinery!  See ya only have to buy one wagon wheel this way.  "Necessity is an inventive mother!"...

If you shoot WC Class you don't even need a guncart. Oh, by the way, we banned Harleys from NCOWS events................

Just kiddin'!!!  ;D :D ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com