Author Topic: Texas Ten Horns Match Pictures 01/10/09  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Texas Ten Horns Match Pictures 01/10/09
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
We had 12 shooters again today.  3 were new to our club.  The pics look sunny, but the wind chill was in the low 30's.

(Please note, you will see some NCOWS non-approved hardware in these pics.  This is only our third match and we are still in the process of getting our club and it's members fully aligned with the Tally Book.)

Good times had by all.

Pancho

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
Re: Texas Ten Horns Match Pictures 01/10/09
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 06:31:43 PM »
I love how the pics show everyone smiling!
Those strap-iron jails have found a new lease on life decorating many a cowboy range. Glad someone is saving them from the cutter's torch.

What with the coming ice age, you Texas boys are going to have a blast adding period winter duds to your 19th century wardrobe!
(There's nothing more authentic than goose-bumps, snot icicles and speculating about whether you really can feel your fingers or toes.)

Great pics, Pancho.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
Great Pictures!  Looks like a grand time was had by all..I doubt any of us NCOWS Old Timers are going to nit pick.  It sure looks like you all put more than a little effort in getting things right.  I envy you being able to shoot.  Here in Wisconsin we have nearly 4 feet of snow and it's hovering around zero for a high :o.

I wish you all well.  I can't think of a more appropriate place for a NCOWS posse than Texas.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:35:11 PM »

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »
Pancho, Looks like a lot of fun for all. Do the blue bonnets bloom in your area? That was one of the things I loved about going to Trailhead. The blue boonets and paint brush bloomed when they had their shoot. If you have them is it late March or early April? Would love to shoot with you all, maybe could make it someday. TJ  Texas Jack Stephens
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

Pancho:

I'll have to echo the others...looks like a great time for all. Wish I coulda been there with you.

Will's right, there shouldn't be any nit-picking (from anyone, frankly) at this stage. Looks like your pards are on the right path towards getting it right." It's typically not an overnight thing; it's a progression toward ever-increasing authenticity. Everyone was new to NCOWS at some point and their journeys were no doubt similar to your club's.

What NCOWS really asks is that members develop their knowledge of what's right and what's not -- and work toward the end result. Some will get there faster than others, but as long as folks are making an honest effort and seeing some progress that's the main thing -- in addition to having a great time, of course.

We look forward to having your Texas club officially become an NCOWS posse and we certainly welcome all our Lone Star pards into camp.

Hope to see many of you at the Convention in Kansas City and/or at the Nationals in Evansville.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 08:12:21 PM »
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words!  The strap iron cell was BUILT by one of our members, Hoss Jack.  He also built most of our targets. 

We are awaiting out Texas corporation papers.  When these are returned by the state we will forward our NCOWs documents immediately thereafter.  The club has been shooting since 1996 and has been SASS affiliated since that time, however it was never incorporated.  Now was a good time to get this in order.

If you check your records you'll see that there has been a "stampede" of new NCOWS membership applications from teh north Texas area.  That's us.  We have more that a dozen new NCOWS members and are signing some up at our matches.  Pancho also added the NCOWS ad I requested elsewhere to our flyers that we spreading around Dallas/Fort Worth area gun stores.

I don't think any of us will make the convention, but current count has six of us coming to the national, myself, Alamo Cody, Tom Jack, Pancho Peacemaker, Lethal Larry and Lucy Valentine.

Cole Bluesteele

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
Assuming you get your NCOWS stuff taken care of, if you can't send your representative to the convention be sure to give your proxy to someone who will.  One of the best ways to do that is after you get the agenda from the secretary you poll your members regarding each item.  Then you can give one of us a call and tell us how to vote for you.  I'm don't know what is on the agenda but I can't think of anything very controversial.  In times past we have had some items that were very hot button so those of us who held another's proxy wanted to be sure just how we were to vote.  I have voted proxies for other posses and have had others vote for me when I was unable to attend.  We really want to have some sort of representation for every posse.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »
Pancho, Looks like a lot of fun for all. Do the blue bonnets bloom in your area? That was one of the things I loved about going to Trailhead. The blue boonets and paint brush bloomed when they had their shoot. If you have them is it late March or early April? Would love to shoot with you all, maybe could make it someday. TJ  Texas Jack Stephens

TJ,

We do get a good crop of Bluebonnets around here.  Central Texas, around Austin and the Hill Country usually has the most abundant blossoms.  The State Flower of Texas usually blossoms in these parts mid to late March, depending on the rain fall.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com