Aircraft

Started by Arcey, January 05, 2009, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Tanner

Thanks, got it set aside fer the monthly bill payin.  Let's keep that baby in the air.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Thanks Leo, Iknow that FIFI will appreachiate it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

Is it warm in here? :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Leo Tanner

Never shoulda banned it, I imagine it it did wonders fer morale.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Some of the WW2 NoseArt was pretty creative. There is a coffee table book on WW2 NoseArt. We have a neat collection of Nose Art in the maintence hangar at the CAF HQ in Midland, Tx.

Texas Lawdog

They are supposed to have a couple of short flights for the A-26 today. I had to leave at noon. They had it hooked on the tug and were ready to pull it out of the hangar when I left.

Leo Tanner

Didn't even get ta hear it fire?  That musta been an important appointment ya had.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Leo, I've been able to see it fly last fall and see and hear the engines run before Christmas. They have been working on it in preporation for the Air shows this spring. I am gonna be part of the ground crew for it at the Air Shows and at the Hangar. The pilots are being trained and when they are trained, the ground crew will be trained as well. I am really looking forward to it. I am going to contact Fort Worth Tent and Awning to get them to make a couple pair of bright Orange coveralls for me.

Texas Lawdog

Everything went well with the test flight Sat. They didn't make a second flight because it was getting dark. It has been a labor of love getting her back to flying status. The engine cowlings are red right now, they need to be yellow for the 8th Bomb Squadron. We have a page on Facebook with a few pictures.( CAF Invader Squadron).

Steel Horse Bailey

If the red cowls are still as shown on the F/B page, it's cool to look at, but to get it authentic to the 8th, change is understandable.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

SHB, It has been the plan all along to paint them yellow. When is was the "Spirit of Waco" the Bomb Squadron that it represented had red cowlings. After we got the plane, it was decided that the "Texas Special" would represent the 8th BS, whose cowlings are yellow. I haven't heard any timetable on changing the colors. I don't know if the painting will be done in house or sent out.

Steel Horse Bailey

I saw what was said on the website and it makes a lot of sense.  First: get her airworthy, THEN do cosmetics.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

We've had problems with the landing gear and the flight controls. The CAF has an inapector that will check all the systems on the aircraft. He will determine whether or not the aircraft is airworthy and able to participate in Air Shows.

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Let's hope some slimey defense attorney doesn't get him off on a technicality. I hope they all do time.

Texas Lawdog

The addition to the Vintage Flight Museum arrived on Friday. The"flying banana" is on loan to us by the Naval Air Museum in Penscola. It's gonna a lot work to put it back together. It will be inside on static display. I hope I get a chance to do a little work on it.

Steel Horse Bailey

The "Flying Banana"  was the 1st hell-of-a-copter I remember learning about.  They are kinda cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com