Author Topic: 2009 NCOWS National Shoot  (Read 8100 times)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
2009 NCOWS National Shoot
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
Howdy Pards
With the success of last years national shoot we are planning and hoping to have a larger and Better shoot than last year .
We will have everything on site this year . We are going to use  there Trap range this year . And we are working on having the 45 Colt Championship again this year . That was an event that all the shooters loved . French Jack and Jeff Farmer will be running the Long Range rifle . Also last years Primitive Camp was GREAT these Shooters hard work really paid off it was a impressive site to see .
Ottawa Creek Bill hope he can come and film again this year he did an Excellent job last year . We even have some interest from the local Public Television Station about covering this Event as well as the local papers .

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
Re: 2009 NCOWS National Shoot
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
I couldn't make it last year, but it sure looked fun in the Shootist. I'm glad the dates are set well
in advance,  hoping to make it this year and bring my buffalo camp. At our CVR spring buffalo shoot
 I have made buffalo chili for everyone, perhaps we could do something like that at the Nat.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:00:24 PM »
Rowdy, we are working hard to make this a GREAT NATIONAL Mr. and Mrs. Jim Mullins are getting some stages to me. Also French Jack and Jeff Farmer are working on a moving target for a stage they are doing. I have stages written for the Train and the Stagecoach. Also two black powder stages for the 45 colt championship. Then a side match called THE OUTLAWS, also the SHOOTIST(fastest handgun) and the HIDEOUT PISTOL(pocket pistol) All of these will be on the stages using the stage coach and train. Give you a little hint, on the train stage you will arrest John Wesley Hardin. Better learn to walk with a limp and a walking stick and shoot with one hand and hold the walking stick with the other. Can't tell you a lot, would take the fun away. Hope to have some stages that are fun and demand some good shooting. Sure looking forward to the 09 NCOWS NATIONAL. TJ  ;)

Bear Tooth Billy, I'd like some of that buffalo chilli, save me a bowl, ok ? TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:58:04 PM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »
WOW!  I am really pumped for the 2009 Nationals!! ;D  Had so much fun this year, I can hardly wait!.  It's a great range and wonderful folks putting it on.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
BTB
Buffalo chilli that sounds real good .The primitive camp last year was great but I think it will be even better this year . Now do we have any Bear hunters out there I've never tried a Bear Steak ??? are they good . Hope everyone can make it to the National Shoot we are planning on a GOOD TIME for all .

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
  With all the good folks doing that work to get it ready, it can't miss bein'a goodun'   Be there!  jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »
Rowdy, I can tell you first hand a young bear's meat is very good. Use to do some bear hunting with my little black dogs (Stephens Stock Mtn. Curs) but thoses mountains are just to high for me to follow those dogs any more. It was a lot of fun, when I was younger reallly enjoyed it. Getting older every day. TJ  :'(

However I can still play cowboy and enjoy a good NCOWS match. TJ  ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
Well it looks like I'm gonna be there to video tape the NCOWS National shoot again in 2009.

Since last year's NCOWS National shoot, I've video taped three SASS State shoots and the SASS Midwest Regional shoot. So, I've really learned a lot since our shoot last year.

I've been asked by the SASS clubs (Texas, Ohio, Indiana and Michigan) to video taping their state shoots again this year and I plan on doing that too.

Our first one is the SASS Texas State shoot (Oakwood Texas) the end of March....looking forward to visiting Texas, never been there before.

See you all at the congress meeting in March, I may video tape portions of the congress meeting, I'm not sure how much interest there would be in our members that attend wanting a video of it.

Bill,
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »
Bill, don't see how you could do much better than the 08 National tape. It was sure a good one. You can go ahead and put me down for one of the 09 National tapes. Take care and a Merry Christmas to you and yours. TJ

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Lets see, showers on grounds, maybe another primitive camper. Although, if I do go primitive, I won't be bringing my color printer. I will see if I can drag someone else out of Iowa, (if I do, my tent will be supported with PVC instead of wood.

Brian Bauer

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
my tent will be supported with PVC instead of wood.

Brian Bauer

As long as it doesn't show.
If it does, PM me and we will work something out.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 09:28:45 AM »
Gents,

I want to try an make the National Shoot.  A couple of questions:

1)  I don't have the equipment together for period correct camping.  I have lots of camping gear, just nothing that looks pre-1900.  Can you recommend a good nearby motel? (Hopefully some place where I don't have to lug all my gear up 3 flights of stairs).

2) Regarding the long range match:  What cailbers will be shot at what distances?  I have a Browning 1885 BPCR in 45/70.  It has Vernier sights with spirit level front.  I've used it at SASS long range matches.  I'm assuming this will be legal, but I'm still new to NCOWS, so please enlighten me.

3) I always like to participate in as many side matches as possible.  How much ammo should I anticipate bringing?

Thanks,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
Pancho-- there is an area for non period camping at the club.  Camping is free.  There are also several motels within a few miles of the range.  Prices vary, and there are lots of options for restaurants.  There will be food available on site as well.

The long range has not been finalized as to the course of fire at this time.  However, you would have no problem with your rifle. 

You probably would be safe to bring an extra hundred rounds ( rifle and pistol- 50 each ) for side matches.  There will be several.
Hope this helps.
French Jack

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 05:29:54 PM »
Pancho, if we do the side matches like last year(other than long range and trap) your first shoot will be for the score, then as many times as you like for the you bought it.  Seems it was a $1 a pop or a certain amount for all day. So bring the ammo for as much as you want to shoot. Seems like I remember one year at Hooten Major Matt Lewis brought 1500 rounds just to shoot side matches. We want everyone to have a good time. See you there. TJ  Texas Jack Stephens

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
Pancho,

I had a GREAT time last year!! ;D ;D  I'm sure that you will too!  Looking forward to meeting you in June!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »
Howdy Pards
The planning phase is working OVERTIME to insure a Good Time for all. I talked to Irv at West Side yesterday and he informed me that there had been some wind damage on the range . Now they will either fix it up if possible or they will rebuild that Stage . We hope that everyone is making plans for the 2009 National Shoot .
Pancho
 Bring all the Texas crowd , we will make yawl feel right at home . And as Dr. Bob said we have 2 camping areas that way EVERYONE has a GREAT TIME .

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »
Since it looks like we will be dealing with somewhat shorter ranges for the Long Range Rifle at the National Shoot, Jeff and I decided to call it a "Mid Range Shoot". 

To make it more interesting in that format, we are planning on offering three classes, Lever Action Pistol Caliber Rifle, Lever Action Rifle Caliber Rifle, and Single Shot Rifle.  Each will be divided into BP and Smokeless.  You may shoot in one class or  all or some of them-- it just is going to require a separate entry and score card for each.

This will provide an opportunity for those who wish to try their old faithful  '73 or '66, or etc. out, and a time and place for those wanting to try their '76, '86, '95, etc. ..

Plan on practicing your Position shooting.
French Jack

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
Pancho
 Bring all the Texas crowd , we will make yawl feel right at home . And as Dr. Bob said we have 2 camping areas that way EVERYONE has a GREAT TIME .

Rowdy,

Right now, from our Texas Ten Horns club,  we've got 3 shooters definitely attending and 2 stong maybe's.   I think we may attract a few more as the spring time approaches.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
Pancho
Hope to see yawl at the National Shoot . We hope that even with the World's economic woes that our crowd will continue to grow .
We will all know in 6 months and hope to see everyone at the National Shoot ( remember this is your National Shoot ) See you in June .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »
Howdy Pards
Well it's time to start thinking about Motels for the National Shoot . I called the Holiday Inn Express and the price is the same as last year $74 a night . They have a indoor pool,  free hot breakfast ,fitness center , and free internet . to reserve your room call 812-421-9773 ask for Michele Royster and tell her you are with the NCOWS National Shoot .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com