Author Topic: Kirst Dragoon conversion?  (Read 14206 times)

Offline Raven

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ravens Roost Gunsmithing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kirst Dragoon conversion?
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
Did you have any problems with the hand and the ratchet index on the rear of the Walker cylinder.

The only difference between a Walker cylinder and a Dragoon is the length of the cylinder and round locking notches on the Walker.
The Kirst cylinder uses rectangular locking notches on both. The round bolt locks up just fine in the rectangular notch.

Raven
Kirst Konverter LLC

Offline rifle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
Thanks for clarifying that Raven. Hey,do you sleeve barrels? I have a nice Belgian Centennial Centaure with a barrel too shallow in the grooves to shoot right. A wide spot right at the end of the barrel too. Shows in the fouling laying in that spot.
I have a piece of Sharps 44/77 barrel liner that's exactly the same groove and lands diameter of a Centaure 1860 Army Colt. No lathe to turn it to exactly .500 inch to sleeve the old barrel. No piloted drills the right size to open up the barrel either. Fixed income VA makes it hard to save up fer tools. R.L.Millington did one the same already. Came out nice.
The twist in the 44/77 Sharps barrel liner is 1-20 and faster than the 1-32 the Centaure has.
Some Centaure 1860 Army Colts have a faster twist like 1-18 also. The faster twist is accurate with the round balls.

Offline Raven

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
Hi Rifle,

The Centaure is the only 1860 barrel I am willing to line as the barrel is of a larger diameter than the Italian barrels.
I can do the job for ya! My usual charge is $150 including the $50 for the liner. the only thing that might drive up the the cost is if your Sharps barrel is of large diameter. I will offset the $50 liner charge against turning your doner barrel.
Give me a call and we can discuss the details 254-248-0663

Raven

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:51:19 PM »

Offline rifle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
Raven, the liner I have is "a liner" for a Sharrps barrel. It's diameter now is .622 inch.  Does your method scuff up the bluing?
Thanks for the reply so quick.

Offline Raven

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
Rifle,

I can do it for the $150 and we don't usually have any problems with the blue! If we do the reblue is on me.

Raven

Offline rifle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
I'm goin  ta be callin. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com