Author Topic: Texas NCOWS Match this Saturday, 12/13  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Texas NCOWS Match this Saturday, 12/13
« on: December 07, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
The Texas Ten Horns are hosting the second Texas NCOWS match this Saturday, 12/13.

The weather channel is predicting sunny, dry and a high of 66 on Saturday.  ('Course they are also predicting global warming, so who knows?)

Range setup begins at 8:30 a.m.
     Registration at 9:00 a.m.
     Shooter's Safety Meeting at 9:30 a.m.

Fees: Members - $10, Non-Members - $15
Watching - FREE!!

Directions:  http://www.texastenhorns.com/

We'll also have our regularly scheduled SASS match on Sunday.

We had our Christmas party last night and it sounds like many pards are planning on shooting both this weekend.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
Re: Texas NCOWS Match this Saturday, 12/13
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
FYI:  Our club is 45 minutes east of Dallas, near Greenville, Texas.  The club web site has directions with GPS coordinates.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »
Howdy Pards
Sounds like the weather will be perfect for your shoot . We are all PROUD of all your Hard work . Hope to see you at the National Shoot in June . Hope you shoot in the 45 Colt Championship with us that's a ton of fun .

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:43:25 PM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »
Let me add my appreciation for what you fellows are doing down there in Texas!!  Rowdy is right that the .45 Colt Championships are a lot of fun!!  By golly, the whole Nationals are fun.  If'n ya come, drop by the "Primitive Camp" and visit the guys from the KVC!

Have a lot of fun shooitng!  I'll be meeting Trap at a local gun show and then going to the KVC Christmas dinner.  Life is GOOD!! ;D :o ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
Match results:

We had 12 shooters at today's match.  Most were at our NCOWS shoot last month and returned for more.  A few couldn't make it due to illness or work.  We also had two shooters who were old hat to NCOWS, but new to our club:  Doc and Mac.  We also had a handfull of interested spectators who hung around and asked lots questions.

We shot 6 stages in 20 to 30 MPH winds.  Hats, hulls, and such were blowing to and fro.  (When stapling your hat to your head, which brand of staples would be period correct?  ;D)

All involved enjoyed the event.  Scores will be posted in the next day or so on our club web site:  http://www.texastenhorns.com/

Pancho

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
Staples??  The kind that ya use to hold the barbed wire to the post!! :o ;D  Ouch, owieeee!! ::) ;)  Gee, that smarts.  I had to hold my hat down all day and night.  Going in and out of the gun show [only cleaning brushes &c.] and the restaurant and the after party!  1 drink, dinner and tip came to $40 which was worth the good time I had with good pards & pardettes!!

Glad that you got to shoot, even in the "hurricane winds" today!  It was in the low 50's here in Kansas City and the high on Monday is supposed to be 18! >:( :( :o :( >:(  I'm ready for spring and winter doesn't start till next Sunday!  Post pictures if someone has them please!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:48:44 AM »
Bro. Bob, You can keep that 18 up there in KC.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 01:57:24 AM »
Bro. TLD,

I'd rather send it to Bro. Larry in Canada where it belongs!!  I don't want it either!! ::) ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
What Pancho didn't say is we were missing 6 shooters due to 2 working on the club office, three out sick and one at "honey do's"  for the Holidays.  Bet ya we're at 24 and more shooters by the spring.  Good news is that every shooter emphatically stated, "I haven't had this much fun at a CAS match in years."  Maybe that's because the satges were a lot like the club shot 5 to 7 years ago.

NCOWS paperwork will go in to the NCOWS office is waiting on some legal paperwork.  Insurance for 2009 is done and we have well over 12 NCOWS members.  Guess the Ncows office must be wondering what's going on in TEXAS!

Keep an eye out for an article and photos in The Shootist.  Lethal Larry's working with the editor to get that done.

Meryy Christmas to all!  Looks like 2009 will be a good year for NCOWS in Texas.  Just hope it's a happy and prosperous year for all of us in the U.S.A.

As Dickens said, "God bless us everyone."
Cole Bluesteele

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
Boy howdy Cole,  that is great news!!!  Warms my heart to hear that. [Just went out to light the grill and it is 17 degrees here in KC right now.  Was 57 this morning.]  We're shore glad that y'all are having fun!  Thant's what it's all about.

Merry Christmas to all from me too! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
Well, We finally got done with all the wind. It has blown hard for the last two days. It got up to 74 today.  It sounds like Dr. Bob had a cold front move in.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
Pancho, Texas L and Cole:

This all sounds great fellas. Many thanks for your efforts, your enthusiasm and your hard work.
Can't tell you how long we've been looking forward to having a Texas posse....

1) I'll try to expedite your paperwork (and a Congress' vote) the best I can once everything arrives.
2) Be sure to include lots of pix (if possible) for The Shootist piece.

Again, congrats to you and to your pards and welcome to the outfit.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
Well, We finally got done with all the wind. It has blown hard for the last two days. It got up to 74 today.  It sounds like Dr. Bob had a cold front move in.

I live 3 hrs. north of Dr. Bob and today it was so cold . . .the squirrels in the park were throwing themselves at an electric fence!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com