Author Topic: tombstone's "doc holliday shoulder holster  (Read 9091 times)

Offline pinto bean

• pinto bean
  • Active citizen
    • google
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
tombstone's "doc holliday shoulder holster
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »
is the doc holliday holster form tombstone cas/sass legal and is it practical?

thanx

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: tombstone's "doc holliday shoulder holster
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »
Howdy

Legal and practical are two different things.

Shoulder holsters are governed by basically the same rules as cross draw holsters. They may not depart from the vertical by more than 30 degrees. A cross draw holster that keeps the gun horizontal is illegal. When drawing from a shoulder holster, the same precautions must be taken as when drawing from a cross draw. The muzzle must not be allowed to break the 170 rule. This usually requires swivelling the body so the muzzle is already down range when the gun is drawn. No, you do not have to 'dance'. The same precautions must be observed when reholstering and at the loading and unloading tables. Lastly, both main match pistols must be worn on opposite sides of the body. No hip holster and shoulder holster on the same side of the body. Must be either side of the belly button.

If you can do all that practically, than they are practical.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »
Good answer Driftwood. ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:54:28 AM »

Offline Iowa Wiley Stafford

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »
Something you should be aware of as far as the practical thing goes.  The shoulder holster is tied more to your upper torso than your lower torso as your normal hip belt is.  So, you must be very careful and make sure it is lashed down right up until it is time to shoot that pistol, because when your upper torso bends over to pick up your rifle, shotgun, box of shells, etc., the pistol wants to drop out of the holster and on your foot.  I can attest to this first hand with a nice MDQ at a local shoot two months ago.  Just something to think about.

IWS
Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I turn your head into a canoe, ya understand me?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com