action job

Started by Dusty Walker, June 29, 2008, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Walker

I have heard of it before, and the other night on Cowboy's, Lead Dispencer said his guns had a toothpaste action job. I was wondering who has done this and the process you would go about doing this. Mainly how you would clean the gun out after doing it. My gun is a New Vaquero.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy there Dusty Walker

I believe the guns Lead Dispencer is talking about, are the Old Model Vaquero's, and that probably helped to smooth out the action a bit, but you said you have the New Model Vaquero, the new model doesn't need this process done to be smooth , just dry firing and regular use will make things as smooth as you would want , the onlyest thing I ever did to mine was to compleatly clean and degrease my guns, then i reoiled them with GUN BUTTER, which they sell here in Cas City, then i loaded them up with SNAP CAPS, put on a GOOD WESTERN MOVIE, and gave them a really good work out helping John Wayne , Clint Eastwood, or Kevin Kostner and Robert Duval, clean up the bad guys , do this several times and your gun will be just the way you want it. the new model Vaquero is as close to perfect as possible, everything that was wrong with the old model they made right with the new model, I know there will be a lot of pards with the old model that will dissagree , and thats good, if they're happy thats great , but for the rest of us these new Model Vaquero's are right on. (IMHO ), SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SHOOT THEM , AND MAINTAIN THEM. AND ENJOY THEM.....again ( IMHO )... ;) :D 8) One other thing they say your safe to dry fire the NM Vaquero, without snap caps , I just feel better knowing there is some cushion under the firing pin. again ( IMO )

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com