Rossi 38-357

Started by Charlie Bowdre, June 21, 2008, 08:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Bowdre

Hi gang . I picked up a little Rossi this week . Shoots the 38SnakeBite real nice . But I am having a bit of a problem when starting to chamber the first round .

When I load threw the gate , the first case that I try and chamber seems to be sitting at an angle , with the rear or base of the round at and angle and sort of catching up of the side?? or edge of the loading gate.
So if you are looking directly down into the open receiver the front of the round is still in the loading cylinder and the round angles back to the right .

You have to give it a touch with a knife point or some other object which seems to slip it off whatever it is hung up on and as it straightens  out you can then lever it into the chamber.

it only does it the first time you try to lever a case. The others follow fine . Also , I have tried it with several other types of rounds and it is the same problem.
Any one have this type of situation ???

Appreciate the help.
Dutchy.
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Texas Lawdog

Those Rossi's seem to like .357's better than 38's. Mine will feed the Mags, but it doesn't like the 38's. I was told this by other shooters before I purchased mine. I was shooting .357 Blackhawks when I first started in CAS. The Rossi was the ideal choice in order for me to use only one caliber cartridge.  I shoot the old 158 gr. lead ammo and it works pretty good.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Charlie Bowdre

TL
Thanks , I have found some more info and it also notes they don't like the shorter bullets.
I'm going to try some 357 cases .
Thanks.
D.
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Four Eyed Floyd

Got one myself, and your right they are very fussy about what you feed them. The Snakebites will give the 38's some length and should feed better. they are famous for stovepiping if the bollits are too short.
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Charlie Bowdre

Loaded up some sSnake Bites and left them long , will give them a try o Tuesday.

Thanks guys , great

Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

jimmyb.1

Try 1.50" OAL.  For me that's the magic number.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com