Author Topic: Going to pick up second 1875  (Read 9097 times)

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Going to pick up second 1875
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »
Howdy Gents  ;D

Will I knew this would happen, I'm going down tomorrow to pick up my second Remington 1875, in 45 long Colt 7 1/2" barrel, these things are just like Potatoe Chips, ya can't just have one.  ::) :o ??? :D

So I wanted to let you know what you Pards of mine started, and it's a BEAUTIFUL THING  :D ;D ;D 8) Thanks for putting me on to these Remingtons, they really are NEAT GUNS. 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Yettoblaster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Going to pick up second 1875
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
So who's makin' a good 1875 Rem replica these days?

I could get talked into a .44-40. 8)
Never eat more than you can lift!

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

Right now the only one making them is Uberti and EMF is the only distributor carrying them.  USFA said they will be making them under an agreement with the Remington Company.  They are suppose to be out in June, 2008.  At this point I have my doubts about that proposed time frame.
http://www.emf-company.com/1875-remington-single-action-revolver.htm
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:31:11 AM »

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »

Howdy Pard

I'm sorry to say , I got the last Remington 1875 E.M.F. had or ever will have from Uberti, check this web site out, the prices are good too.

http://www.kempfgunshop.com/kempfgunshop.com/products/firearms/newfirearms/uberti.html
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Yettoblaster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
Thanks for the info and site links!

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D My Pleasure Pard  ;) :D ;D

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
I bought a pair in .45 Colt several years ago. Bought a pair in .44-40 a couple of years ago. They were all used. They are Uberti made EMF's and Navy Arms. I sold one of the .45 Colts.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
Howdy Slim

I'll bet you got your guns a lot less then, than they are now, lucky you, how do you like your 45 Remington, do you find it pretty accurate? Slim you better hang onto those 44/40's, their doesn't seem to be any around any where, new anyway.
       It's too bad that E.M.F. won't be selling Uberti arms anymore , I think Uberti is going to regret this move big time.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »
It is more accurate than I am. I've heard reports that the Remington's are more accurate than the Colts because the "sail" gives it more rigidity. I don't know if it is true or not. I won't be selling the .44-40's. It took me awhile to get pistols in .44-40.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Yettoblaster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »
...It took me awhile to get pistols in .44-40.

Slim

Oh dang. And here I sit at the beginning of the search! :-\

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »
Yettoblaster,

I started this "addiction" about three years ago I only had an original 73 Winchester in 44-40 that I bought for the outrageious price of $25 (well it wias 40 years ago) so I decided to stay with the one true caliber, I was lucky and got two Remingtons in 44-40 from EMF.  They were my main match guns for two years untill I found two Schofields  (also in the one true caliber, and harder to find then Remingtons) on the classifieds.  I am in search of two 90 Remingtons, in the one true caliber, but they seem to be as easy to find as hens teeth.  Do not give up they are out there but not easy to find.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »
Howdy Old Top

That brings back memories, I got my Winchester 94 in 25/35 back in 1965, I paid $ 35.00 for it , and I got 7 boxes of ammo with it ta boot. here's a picture of it , it's at the bottom of the picture. I didn't like the wages back then , but WOW the gun prices were hard to beat. ::) :o

You Pards Have a great week, and I'll be thinking of you when I pick up my Remington 75 tomorrow.. :D ;D

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »
Howdy Old Top

That brings back memories, I got my Winchester 94 in 25/35 back in 1965, I paid $ 35.00 for it , and I got 7 boxes of ammo with it ta boot. here's a picture of it , it's at the bottom of the picture. I didn't like the wages back then , but WOW the gun prices were hard to beat. ::) :o

You Pards Have a great week, and I'll be thinking of you when I pick up my Remington 75 tomorrow.. :D ;D

So lets see......... You were about 2 years old when you picked that 94 up for 35 bucks? 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »
So lets see......... You were about 2 years old when you picked that 94 up for 35 bucks? 

;D ;D ;D ;D Don don,t I wish, to tell the truth I was just a youngster, of 20 years old at the time, getting that Winchester 94 back then was a big deal for me , and as you can see I still have it. ;)

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »
Old Top says he started this "addiciton" about 3 years ago, little does he know, but it started 40 years ago when he got that 44/40. It took us a whole weekend to find a 1/2 box of ammo to go with the gun...probably cost almost as much as the gun did.

I remember I used to go surfing in the mid '60's and would stop in at Grant Boys in Costa Mesa CA and "visit" a Colt SAA..they wanted almost a c note for it, and I just couldn't afford it. I waz only makin $1.15 an hour at the time....But I did visit it regularly.

Me and Top would hit the gun/knife shop in Knotts Berry Farm after a day of surfing, and then we would get a boysenberry pie to eat...I would go up and order, 3 pies and 3 forks please, the little blond girl (it alwasy was a little blonde girl that would get me in trouble, and ONE redhead) anyway she would start giving us slices of pie, and we would all say in unison "NO, Whole Pies"
We were growing boys...

10W them are right nice lookin rifles, how come you ain't posted it sooner.....we love pictures......

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »
Howdy Curley

Yea buddy those were some good times for sure, the wife and I had lunch at Knots the other day, had some of grama's chicken, I laugh when I think of my Grandma wanting to eat there , she said they were the only ones that made chicken like she did, and she loved to go there when she wanted good chicken and not have to do dishes, and I was telling my wife how long I'd been coming there , I remember panning for gold with my Grandad and my father some where back in the early fifties, and I loved the knife and gun store, and the great Pennelton shop , they used to sell Indian blanket coats and jackets , I always wanted one but could never afford one , and now that I can , you can't find them anywhere, just my luck. and do you remember the old print shop, I got some great reproduction prints and wanted posters , and old money, they really had some nice antiques back then, and accross the street there was a nice Western store that had everything.
        Anyway the reason we were down there was Walker47 is just down the street from Knots now , so I picked up my second Remington 1875 , and then we headed home, I was going to clean and oil the gun today, and work on the grips like I did the last one's, but it was to dang hot , 99 degrees, so I'm going to wait a few more days until it's COOLER... ::) :P ??? ;) I almost forgot , thanks the kind words on my rifles. :D

tAKE CARE cURLEY AND SAY hOWDY TO oLD tOP  :D ;D

Stay COOL  ;D

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 02:18:24 AM »
Ten Wolves,

Thanks for the howdy, I am looking forward to seeing the new Remmie up close and personal if you come on out to Piru on the 24th.  I will show you mine if you show me yours.   ;D ;D ;D

Top, old one of

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
10W

Yup them were the days..I just got the Crazy Crow Trading Post catalog, and they have about 4 pages of Pendleton blankets.not too bad a prices...I got a Pendleton leather jacket with the blanket in the back...very cool, well warm when needed...

anyways, I remember panning for gold at Knotts, and the person that "seasoned" the sand, didn't spread it properly, so a guy standing next to me got at least an oz of gold in his pan....the guy running the attraction looked shocked, but they had to let him keep it...I got about 1/8 oz at my spot, they immediately shut down and respread the area...fact I still have that gold

have a good un, it s gonna be hotter than yesterday.

Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »
Howdy Gents

Will i have my second Remington 1875 , and when i put them side by side, decided to take the red stain and varnish off and refinish the grips , I soaked the grips in AcidTone in a 1 gal. glass pickle jar, ( just enough Acitone to get them to float ) so that the outsides of all the grips ( the good side ) would be floating in the Acid tone, i let them stay in there for 24 hours, then i just used my finger nail on my thumb to scrap it clean, it worked like a champ, then after dry i rubbed a coat of Arrow oil in every 24 hours for 7 days, then some Min-wax walnut rubbing oil, 3 coats 2 hr. apart, and the three coats of Burchwood Caseys gun stock wax, and i think they came out pretty good , they feel better in my hand ,and they grip well, heres a picture of them finished, thanks for taking the time read this and taking a look.

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
Ten Wolves,

Looks great hope to see them in person some day.

Old Top

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com