Got my engraved sideplates - finally!

Started by Dirty Brass, May 06, 2008, 07:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Brass

It was a 5 week wait [that seemed like 25], but I finally got my sideplates back from a friend that does engraving. I think they turned out great. You be the judge - I posted a pic. Spent part of today stripping the wood on the 45/60 and redoing it. I may tackle the 45/75 too since it turned out pretty nice. Uberti does put some nice wood on these rifles, but it takes some doing to strip em' down! :)

Anyhow, I'm a happy camper once again. All the reformed brass turned out great - the sideplates look great - the wood looks great - I reckon I better watch out for lightening tonight - I'm gonna pay for all this somehow! (chuckle)

If you click the pic it will enlarge, but it's large, so use discretion if you have dial-up.

Colonel Buckshot

Adrian Geary
Samsula, FL
US Army Honorable Discharged  19E/45K
NRA, GAF, SUVCW

OKDEE

Hey now!  That's pretty cool!   :D

You'll know it's yours, for sure!

Oklahoma Dee

Grizzly Adams

I like it! ;)  Make sure you post pics of the refinished wood as well.  Nice project! :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Black Powder

Very precise workmanship.  Congrats.  I second the request for pics of the refinished wood.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Dirty Brass

Thanks guys. Here is one pic of the refinished wood. More can be seen at the link below.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/brassmagnet/1876%20Winchester/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com