Author Topic: SMVS Shoot Today, 04/26/08-Photo  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SMVS Shoot Today, 04/26/08-Photo
« on: April 26, 2008, 05:19:46 PM »
Heres the motley crew that showed up to shoot our first match of the year. Had beautiful weather, low 60s and sunny. Great Day!! Jeff Bailey is going to tally the scores, send them to Dutch to have posted on our web site this week...

OCB

Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: SMVS Shoot Today, 04/26/08-Photo
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:01:55 PM »
OCB, Now that's a fine looking group of NCOWS members. TJ  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:09 AM »
And we had a FINE time with perfect weather - 'tho I heard a few mutterin's about the early mornin' chill.  (The mutterin's didn't last once the sun was overhead.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:38:04 AM »

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »
How do I find the SMVS web page? Would like to go on line and view it.  You could e-mail me the site. Tjackstephens@aol.com 

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »
How do I find the SMVS web page? Would like to go on line and view it.  You could e-mail me the site. Tjackstephens@aol.com 

For TJ and all others interested.

http://home.comcast.net/~smvsposse/
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »
Hello Don

I just took a walk through your clubs web site, what a beautiful place to shoot , and it looks like you have a good bunch of pards to shoot with, if it wasn't so far from me, i'd probably be nocking on your club door to sign up, I talked to Jeff Bailey on the land line the other day, and he was very helpful, with some questions I had on reloading , he was telling me a little about your club, it sounds like everybody has a good time. I can't believe how everything is SOOOOO GREEN, heck even if you didn't shoot it would be great to just kick back and enjoy your surroundings, I'd love that, anyway thanks for posting this, I thoroughly enjoyed taking a look.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
Howdy all!

I'm copying this letter I  e-muled to as many of yesterday's shooters as I had e-mule addresses for, but the letter explains why the scores and wrap-up won't be on the website for another week or more.

Here are the scores from yesterday's shoot, hot off the press.  Congratulations to all!  As you know, we had a grand time and the weather was perfect!  We had a total of 15 shooters, one Pro Photographer and one Snooper-visor (just kidding, Dave) and at least one visitor early in the day.  Plus Patty.  One of these days, we're gonna have to talk her into shooting.  Rumor has it that she's interested in an 1851 Colt, and knowing Bill, it just might end up as one of his factory-looking conversions!

I have sent this to everyone I have an e-mule address for.  If ANY of you know the "address" of any others who joined us - like  Dave Lee, John Peterson, Ronnie Owen, Philip Montarsi and Bob Browning, would you please: #1 - forward these scores to them and: #2 - please send ME their e-mail address so I can continue to post scores this way when needed.  I ask this because our WebMeister, Greg "Dutch" Limbach has a broken computer and won't be able to update the SMVS Website http://home.comcast.net/~smvsposse/
until sometime in May.

1. Jeff Farmer                                                  278.14
         2. Bob "French Jack" Chenault                           312.57
         3. John Peterson                                            318.66
         4. Tony "Will Munny" Hollandsworth                  333.56
         5. "Deadeye Dave" Lee                                  334.07
         6. "Ronnie" Owen                                            359.56
         7. Philip Montarsi                                            384.21
         8. Mike Owen                                                   515.29
         9. Vernon "Gib Stonecutter" Dearduff                526.02
        10. "Deadeye Don" Layton                               531.08
        11. John "Waco" Liford                                      579.51
        12. Larry "Lorenzo Lain" Gardner                        651.83

William Proctor / 269.97    and    Bob "Chief OldTimer" Browning / 534.75  were unable to finish due to malfunctions and work.

Jeff Bailey also shot, but nobody scored his hits-to-misses scores.  Darn it!

Dave "Jed Cooper" Hollandsworth presided over the whole affair .... and "Ottowa Creek Bill" Proctor recorded the whole party for prosperity.

The Woods Walk followed the match, but a few of the shooters had to leave early, so a smaller crowd shot.

1. John P.          9 of 10
   2. Tony H.             8  "
   3. Ronnie O.          7 "
   4. Philip M.             6 "
   5. John L.              5 "
   6. Larry G.             5 "
   7. Bob B.               5 "
   8. Vernon D.          4 "
   9. Don L.               3 "

Thanks to all!

It was a great day to be alive.  Even Dave "Jed Cooper" - who was on crutches and didn't shoot (but who timed and was the Posse Leader) was able to join with the fun.

We give special thanks to all the pards from Kentucky and southern Indiana who drove a "fur piece" to come and shoot.  And the regulars too, natcherly!

Thanks for the nice comments, 10 Wolves.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:01:14 AM »
Deadeye Don, thanks for the web site posting. Looks like a great place to shoot, will try to make one of the shoots before long. Again thanks and see you in Evansville. TJ

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:26:45 AM »
TJ and TWF,  You are most welcome anytime.  The setting is really quite beautiful.  The guys (moi included)  arent quite that pretty, but you know how that goes.    ;D  Regards.  Deadeye.

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 07:34:47 AM »
Jeff Farmer and I had a good time Saturday.  Good weather, good shoot, good bunch of fellers, good range.

The Only Thing Better would have been if TJ had made it for us to Hooraw.
French Jack

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:21:10 PM »
Ten Wolves.....

You are welcome to come shoot with us anytime.........., where do you call home?

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »
Howdy Ottawa Creek Bill

Thanks to all you pards for the invite , maybe one of these days, we'll make the trip their, as to my Home, I live in the home of the 1994 Earthquake, which is Northridge, California. believe me if you pards were closer i'd be at your next shoot for sure, I was through your part of the country years ago, when I was a kid , I had forgotten just how beautiful and green everything is in that State, Southern California, has all the nice weather, but i'd like it better if we had more greenery all year long.

Have a great Week Pard  :D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
TWF,   Interesting you say that.  My lady friend said the same thing when she came out here about 4-5 years ago.  She could not get over how green everything was.   My lady friend is NOW my wife.  I am not saying she decided to stay just because it was so green, but it sure didnt hurt!!  ;D

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »

;) :D Will Don, you how Gal's are, they loooovves things of beauty, now that doesn't necessarily mean you, but you know what I mean. ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com