Author Topic: Great Western II  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Great Western II
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »
I shot my first match with that Great Western II that EMF's Buffalo Sam Peed sold me.  I shot a clean Match.  That pistol was hitting right where I was aiming.

For not getting to shoot it until that match and changing the grip to an 1860 Army grip Frame and one piece wooden grip I'd say it was an awsome gun.   And to top it all off, it was done in Fontier Cartridge with .45 colt Ammo made with a Full Case of APP and a Remington 250 grain Bullet.

Thanks.

Grapeshot. :D
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Great Western II
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »
Howdy Pard

Thats good news pard, Great Western l l's are hard to beat, for being a Colt clone, I swear the two I have are just like the second generation Colt SAA's I once owned but I like them better, I don't seem to have near the problems I used to.

Glad to hear you like your's

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
I shot about half a match with the newest GW2 this weekend (I really wanted to hold out til I had both of them, but couldn't wait.
The first stage was a little iffy, but it was me and not the gun...and the rest of the match it did its job, and at the loading/unloading tables it got a bit of conversation..especially since I was shooting it with my engraved Taylor that is in the white, so it looked like ebony and ivory...

it will be a great shooter..
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:45:33 AM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »
......  That pistol was hitting right where I was aiming.......

Congratulations, Grapeshot!

(I include the quote above, however, in order to comment that the fellow handling the revolver is entitled to take most of the credit!
All of my pistols hit right where they are aimed .... but having them consistently aimed exactly where I want to them to hit is the hard part!)

;D
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com