Sex in the Old West

Started by Lucky Eddie, April 10, 2008, 01:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Eddie

Hello Dead Eye,
         Good to hear from you. No, I haven't been sick I kind of got abandoned in the CAS City Forum. Seems that it is composed of mostly "Old Timers" or "Know it Alls" that don't like to help out newbies by answering their many questions. Yah! I know. When the newbies quit coming the oldies  'l die out. After all, just how many times do you have to answer the same question? What's that? Every time another  newbie asks it? Dead Eye, what am I missing?   Oh! OK! I'll stick with the "Helpers" and never be bothered by the "Passers BY". Yes! Yes! I'll be more patient with them. After all I'm no cranky old fart. And when I've learned it all I WILL help ALL the newbies. Thanks much. Give my best to the wife.  L.E.

Trinity

I don't know, pard.  Maybe you haven't looked around long enough.  While the majority of folks who play this sport are a little more established in their life, there are plenty of young people too.

I looked at your posts and it looks like you're getting good and friendly answers to your questions.  I'm sorry you feel the way you do.   That said, I'm somewhat "young" and inexperienced at 35.  Not a "Know-it-all" by any means, but that also means I couldn't answer some of the questions that you asked.  At least not with any authority.  Maybe sometimes an "Know-it-all" or "Old Timer" is indeed helpful.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

I thought that we got all of that Sex in the Old West explained in Broke Back Mountain.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Deadeye Don

I am not following the purpose of this thread at all.  The title sure doesnt fit.   ???  I did understand one of your compaints though.   I have found most people here to be very helpful and very willing to answer questions.  I have not run across any "know it alls".   Sorry your experience has not been the same. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Brokeback mountain was about sheep!

Lucky Eddie;  Hang in there Pard.  I reviewed your posts to see what you are talking about.  Nothing outrageous, but IMHO you're in the zone where you are not yet sure what knowledge is important.  (For beginners, the brand of primers or cases is not so important.) 

Read a lot.  Get a reloading manual from your gunshop.  Find a mentor, the best place is at your gunclub.  Ask questions, but read a lot before you ask them. 

Welcome to the sport.  You will find that this forum is fairly laid-back.

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Driftwood Johnson

Perhaps rather than not wanting to answer your questions, maybe nobody knows the answers.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Forty Rod

Yes, there was sex in the old west.  If there hadn't been there wouldn't be a new west.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Leo Tanner

Hey Lucky,
     I'm 36 an new to CAS.  I've not yet even shot an official match, just love my cowboy guns (some don even qualify like the Marlin 30-30).  I jumped in here with both feet and asked some silly questions--but they were all patiently answered--even if there was an "old timer" tone to some of them.
     Since then I've had a lot of fun and learned a great deal I am now confident about starting to reload and using black powder.  I may have helped a few folks find what they were looking for along the way.  I've even been able to teach my 68 year old father a thing or two with information I got here--never thought that would happen!  I've also gathered a new list of personal email addresses and phone numbers with invitations to "call any time"  not just for technical info, but just to chat.
     I've been on other forums that definately required a thick skin to participate in but for the most part CAS City has been very friendly even to a sometime loose cannon like myself.  I hope to see more "newbies" getting interested so this thing never dies.  Please stick around and maybe check out some of the pages that aren't stricktly techinical in content.  Good folks here, a lot of em  ;)

Trinty-----I'm older than you????;D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Camille Eonich

I'm sorry that you feel as though you have been slighted Eddie.  I don't make it a habit to reply to threads just to say that I don't have a clue about the the answer to your question.  I do try to answer truthfully when I have any amount of info though.

"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Leo Tanner

Cam,
     You do a wonderful job.  I imagine most folks here aren't too computer savy an there you are-- not only answerin questions but doin work as well.  Thanks again fer gettin my profile set up!  yer a Jewel  :D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Camille Eonich

"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Buffalow Red

Quote from: Leo Tanner on April 11, 2008, 02:17:01 PM
Hey Lucky,
     I'm 36 an new to CAS.  I've not yet even shot an official match, just love my cowboy guns (some don even qualify like the Marlin 30-30).  I jumped in here with both feet and asked some silly questions--but they were all patiently answered--even if there was an "old timer" tone to some of them.
     Since then I've had a lot of fun and learned a great deal I am now confident about starting to reload and using black powder.  I may have helped a few folks find what they were looking for along the way.  I've even been able to teach my 68 year old father a thing or two with information I got here--never thought that would happen!  I've also gathered a new list of personal email addresses and phone numbers with invitations to "call any time"  not just for technical info, but just to chat.
     I've been on other forums that definately required a thick skin to participate in but for the most part CAS City has been very friendly even to a sometime loose cannon like myself.  I hope to see more "newbies" getting interested so this thing never dies.  Please stick around and maybe check out some of the pages that aren't stricktly techinical in content.  Good folks here, a lot of em  ;)

Trinty-----I'm older than you????;D

Leo

I agree with Leo Tanner i think he covered the subject well
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com