Trip to Whittakers During the National Shoot

Started by Rowdy Fulcher, March 23, 2008, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
We have had some interest about going to Whittakers . The drive is about 40 minutes ??? and he has 4000 guns in stock . What do you think ???

Dr. Bob

Sounds like a paln, Stan!  OOOOOOOOPS, I mean Rowdy! :-[ ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Trap

Sounds like a trip for maybe........ Tuesday
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Dusty Tagalon

Is Crescent City Sutler in town for the shoot, or maybe have a tent at the nationals?

Brian

Tjackstephens

A trip to Whittaker's is great. Yes it's in Kentucky, just outside of Owensboro. Boy does he have the guns. I love going there and just looking around. Celeste Mullins, hope your reading this. You're going to Whittakers. TJ  :D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Ima Sure Shot

TJ,
Should be lots of guns to examine up close and personal. Ima Sureshot.

Plum Loco

Whitakersguns  AND the  Crescent City Sutler !    ;D    MY what a day that would be     :)

Yes I've been to both .....................$$$$$$$$    :)  so enjoyable  ;)

Tjackstephens

Ima Sure Shot, we don't want to tell anyone. Whittaker has a Navy Arms 44 Russian used. Don't think it's been shot very much, looks new. Don't let French Jack know, ok. TJ  ;D ;D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

French Jack

TJ-- after the piece of junk called a Beretta Laramie that I recently invested in, I have no appetite for any more Italian guns.  I'll stick to my good old S&W Schofields.   >:(
French Jack

Deadeye Don

Quote from: French Jack on March 25, 2008, 06:27:04 PM
TJ-- after the piece of junk called a Beretta Laramie that I recently invested in, I have no appetite for any more Italian guns.  I'll stick to my good old S&W Schofields.   >:(

Isn't that the same gun that Irish Dave bought and LOVES?
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Dr. Bob

That would be the same revolver!  I have one too and like it a lot so far.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Tjackstephens

French Jack, Sure sorry to hear of your not so good luck with your Laramie. But if I had Smith and Wesson Schofields, I'd stick with too. TJ ;)

Will Ketchum

So I am to assume that Whittakers is a gun shop ???  We won't be there until Wednesday so would miss a Tuesday trip.  It might make a nice afternoon or evening trip. ;D

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Trap

Don't believe the gun shop trip will be Tue. That was just a possibility but has since been changed.
Maybe Wed would work.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

French Jack

DD, yep, that's the one.  I got a lemon.  Glad not all of us got a lemon.  For what they charge, it's not acceptable.
French Jack

Irish Dave

FJ:

Just curious. What kind of problems are you having with your Laramie? I have a pair and find them both of high quality and functionality so far.

I will acknowledge that their hammer block "safety" doesn't work ... well, no, actually it works too well -- that is, preventing the arm from firing at all ... period... under any circumstances. But I have heard that simple removal of that attorney-inspired malfunctioning device has -- in nearly every case --  fully corrected that problem.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Dusty Tagalon

Dave;

Thanks for the tip. My 38 shot fine all the time, my 45 was frustrating. Problem solved.

Dusty

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
Yes , Whittaker's is a Gun Shop , about 4000 guns in stock . I was there a few weeks ago and he had a couple rolling blocks in 7mm Mauser .He has a large selection of Cowboy Guns .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com