Author Topic: mixed types of pistols  (Read 3148 times)

Offline New Salem Bob

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
mixed types of pistols
« on: April 30, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »
I have a set of rugers (32 H&R) stainless - I have a ruger 45 LC in stainless and would like to have a 357 with it but really dont want to spead $500 for another right now and was looking at some  other brands that are blued and was wondering if anyone else shoots 1 stainless and one blued gun.  Also can anyone suggest a cheaper model 357?  Thanks

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
Re: mixed types of pistols
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:37:58 PM »
Sure you can shoot mixed guns!  There are no rules that state that you have to have show up color coordinated. ;D  I don't have a matched anything in my arsenal.

Besides the Ruger, another popular gun among Cowboy Shooters is the Uberti.  Their entry level "Millennium" model is avalable at a very reasonble price. 

You can probably find it cheaper elsewhere, but here's a link to it at Cabela's:
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0006875213900a.shtml

You can also check the auction sites.  You can often find a good price, but it is advised that you know first what you want to pay.  You can just as easily lose money buying as you can save money.  I got a new EMF Hartford in .357 from Gunbroker a few months back for under $400.
http://www.gunbroker.com/

Before you buy, stop by the Gun Reviews board here on CasCity to see if there is a review for one that you are looking at or just to get new ideas.
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/board,32.0.html

Good luck!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:13:19 AM »
Bob,   In my humble opinion it was actually much more common for persons who did carry more than one revolver not to have a matched set.  Most average pards couldnt afford to have more than one gun and those that could would find whatever was available and in their price range.  Usually,  that would NOT be a matched set.  You will actually be more historically correct if you dont have a matched set than if you do.   So buy what you like and what is in your price range, just like they did 100 years ago.

Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:37:42 AM »

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »
Deadeye Don has expressed my sentiments exactly. I don't own a single set of matched pistols. Clearly, if you want to be in the winners circle, it is an advantage to have your two pistols as similar as possible. You should not be able to tell the difference between them. But some of us who do not aspire to be in the winners circle enjoy shooting mismatched pistols, because it is probably more historically accurate.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 09:46:54 AM »
Out of the five sets of pistols the wife and I have, three are matched. The rest are different types. Nothing says they have to be matched...............Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Ringo Steele

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »
Talk about mismatched...
I shoot a Ruger Vaquero 357, a Remington (Uberti) 36 Navy, and have just aquired a Colt (Uberti) 1861 Navy. 

"Variety is the spice of life!"    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com