Author Topic: Shooting in Middle or Northern VA this weekend?  (Read 6431 times)

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting in Middle or Northern VA this weekend?
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
Howdy,
Just wondering if anyone was going to be at the matches at KC's Corral or with the Pepper Mill Creek Gang this coming weekend. I am hoping to come out and watch, I don't my gear together yet.

Offline Tricky Trina

• Top Active Citizen
  • First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse
  • Liked:
Re: Shooting in Middle or Northern VA this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
You'll get a whole passel of replies on this one.  Many people on this forum go to KC's Corral to shoot.  Arcey, Wildcat Will, Missouri Marshal, Lil' Rooster, Sod Buster.... just to name a few.  Unfortunatelt I can't be there cause someone has to man the jail.......  You'll have a good time and most times you can borrow stuff from some other pards to get into the match.  What would you need to shoot?  I would be willing to let you borrow some of my stuff since I can't be there anyway. 
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »
Tricky Trina,
Thanks for the response, to be honest I don't have much of anything right now!. I have shot IDPA, modern 3 gun, and am a certified concealed carry instructor for NC but being a Yankee :o I don't own a cowboy hat or western boots. I am in the process of getting a pair of boots and getting ready to order a hat (if you can recommend a local shop instead of the internet I would be much obliged!) and I hope to have them by next month's matches. As for firearms I am in the process of "turning" (selling) a couple of my more modern firearms into proper ones. Since all I have to show up with right now is enthusiasm I figured I could just watch this time. I have jeans and a shirt but even if I borrowed guns and leather I would still be in modern boots and without a hat. As much as I appreciate the offer I kind of hate to shoot if I can't dress the part yet.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:28:14 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 01:55:15 PM »
Be at KC's/Black Creek if nuttin' don't happen ta stop me.

Ya wanna watch borrowin' stuff from cuzzin Trina.  Someone liable ta sneak up behind ya with a camera 'n the next thing ya know yer gonna be on the internet.

I gottah hat I don't use I'll toss in the truck if ya think it'll make ya a l'il more comfortable.  Or, I can loan ya the one with big ole flowers stuck in it.  Whatever.

Look for a broke down ole man drivin' a black Tacoma.  Let me know who ya are from a distance.  I owe a lot of people a lot ah money 'n I never know who might be tryin' ta collect.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »
You're getting started with a good bunch of people.  They'll teach you right and take good care of you.

They are a bit partial to fish and fish rifles but I don't hold that against them.   :D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Missouri Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
    • Missouri Marshal's Cowboy Action Shooting Homestead
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:24:30 PM »
Be At KC's/Black Creek if nuttin' don't happen ta stop me.

Ya wanna watch borrowin' stuff from cuzzin Trina.  Someone liable ta sneak up behind ya with a camera 'n the next thing ya know yer gonna be on the internet.

I gottah hat I don't use I'll toss in the truck if ya think it'll make ya a l'il more comfortable.  Or, I can loan ya the one with big ole flowers stuck in it.  Whatever.

Look for a broke down ole man drivin' a black Tacoma.  Let me know who ya are from a distance.  I owe a lot of people a lot ah money 'n I never know who might be tryin' ta collect.

I'll be there too, jus look for a white Tundra, probably be next to the black Tacoma.  Better watch gitin hats from Arcey, some of them got arrows in them. :D
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Offline Tricky Trina

• Top Active Citizen
  • First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
Sharps - where are ya?  There's a couple of places to get hats around here in Va Beach, but not knowing where you're at, I wouldn't know where to tell you to go.  I think Carousel Tack (Pungo) shop has probably one of the biggest selections around locally.  What ya think Arcey?

*now where did I put those pictures?*

;D
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »
Well if ya'll are going to insist on being so neighborly I guess I can't refuse. Trina, you have a PM coming. Acrey, that's a mighty nice offer but my lady might get jealous if I accept flowers from you on the first meeting! I guess I'll have to use the plain hat... What is a good time to show up at Black Creek? I don't mind helping set up or tear down...

Oh yeah, I'll be the short guy driving the blue HHR (Chevy's copy of the PT Cruiser) that looks out of place!

Editted to add that I am in Stafford County just south of Quantico Marine Base (I-95 exit 143)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Just put the plain one in the truck....

For a spectator nine is early enough.  You might wanna bring a camp or foldin' chair 'n sumthin' ta eat 'n drink at the break. They've been havin' a hot lunch on site for a few bucks but I ain't never sure.

Eye 'n ear protection, bring 'em.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:11:18 PM »
They'z a good bunch at Black Crik. They even let an IN and a WI Yankee handle firearms.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 08:40:15 AM »
Well it looks like I will see the gang at Black Creek on Saturday, I'll be away from the computer until late tonight but I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! ;D

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
Have fun, pard.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »
I just wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful first match at KC's Corral! I was able to shoot Tricky Trina's pistols and Missouri Marshal (and Arcey and everyone else) helped show me the ropes. I also appreciate Arcey letting me shoot his shotgun with blackpowder loads, I am hooked. ;D Unfortunately I heated the barrels up enough Arcey managed to burn his hand when he shot, :o I hope it is feeling better! I tried to shoot safe and have fun; I accomplished that. I made some mistakes (Nevada sweep, always load 2 shotshells if you miss, etc.) but I don't think I repeated a mistake twice so I am very happy. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Mild Myles

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »
If the shotgun barrels don't burn ya, ya ain't usin' enough BP.  ;D

Slim

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »
If the shotgun barrels don't burn ya, ya ain't usin' enough BP.

I was usin' 'nuff, Slim.  She was still toasty when he was done with it.  I gottah blister.  It was worth it........

Ole Myles did pretty good.  Prolly the least intimidated of any new shooter I've worked with on a first shoot.  The ole boy asked good questions - never acted like he knew it all already like some do.  Listens well.  The mistakes were to be expected 'n weren't repeated.

Wasn't shy 'bout jumpin' in 'n helpin' with the chores.  Safety was just fine.  He shot well.  His shootin' base appears to be solid.  Not like he's never shot anything before.

He's welcome to shoot with me anytime.  Thinkin' this new comer will be an asset if he decides this game is for him.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
He sounds like a keeper, Arcey.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com