ASSISTANCE REQUEST ...

Started by RattlesnakeJack, March 05, 2007, 12:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RattlesnakeJack

Folks ... I'm rasking for your help in what hopefully won't be an unpleasant task at all ...

I maintain the webpage of our local CAS club (the Rocky Mountain Rangers, No. 4 Troop) ... which formerly was quite literally that - i.e. a single page on my own website, to which I kept adding stuff until it became a rather disorganized and overly-lengthy mess which took forever to scroll through ...

In an effort at improvement, I recently revamped it - breaking it into various pages to which you can navigate via links on the start page.  (I also took the opportunity to add some stuff, though that will be ongoing, of course.)

I am asking anyone who may be so inclined to go and check it out, with a request for feedback ... in particular, I'd appreciate any comments you may have regarding wording or layout you found confusing, ease or difficulty of navigation, suggestions for improvement, etc.

Here's the link: http://members.memlane.com/gromboug/rmr4site.htm

Now I'll sit back and wait for your feedback ...  :-\

Thanks!
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Silent Joe

Jack, this site lookes great. Nice pictures and good information. One point: reading " UPCOMING SHOOT ANNOUNCEMENT "SHOOTOUT AT CACTUS FLATS" , the link "BACK TO HOMEPAGE OF ROCKY MOUNTAIN RANGERS, No. 4 TROOP" won't work. It send me to "The page cannot be found". For this moment my comment. Later on I will dig deeper into it, because it lookes like a very interesting site. I let you know and good luck with it.

RattlesnakeJack

My thanks, Silent Joe!

Got that one fixed ....   ::)
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Wymore Wrangler

Looks good pardner, makes me want to come north of the border....
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Throckmorton

Looks real good,Pard.
Nice work!!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

RRio

I'd say ya did a fine job, Jack! All works for me, and looks good to boot.

Sumbody give 'im an "attaboy"!!
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Forty Rod

I'd put that map right after the first paragraph.  "Where" is one of the first things I look for.

Other than that and the comment above I'd say you done good, son.  You done real good.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Nine Toe Jim

Still looks good to me Rattlesnake.
Hey Forty Rod, now that you know "where" does it mean you'll be heading north of the border??? HAW!

Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill
WARTHOG, SASS 678, GOFWG, GAF, Quigley Shooter

Forty Rod

Never say never...but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I don't even like going to the grocery store.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

RattlesnakeJack

Many Thanks, Pards!     ;D

Say, GunClick ... that's a mighty unique li'l pet y'got there!     :o

Forty Rod - your suggestions about the "where" of things induced me to move the location info closer to the top ... with an added map of the region (southern Alberta and adjacent Provinces, and northern Montana) to show just where Medicine Hat is ....   8)

Nine Toe - thanks again!

I've made a few other modifications ... including the addition of a banner announcing that 2007 is the 10th Anniversary year of the Rocky Mountain Rangers, No. 4 Troop!  (That fact just dawned on me as I was fiddling with the photos and realized that we had the first RMR shoot in 1997 ....)

In case you'd like to go back and look, here's the link again, so you don't have to scroll back up to the top ....
http://members.memlane.com/gromboug/rmr4site.htm

Forty Rod

Now you're cookin'.

I might just show up some day so I can see how good your maps are.  :-D

RattlesnakeJack

Well Pards, I have continued updating my Club's website ... latest addition is a large gallery of photos taken by one of our members at our main Spring Shoot pf 2006 ...

I have assembled a total of 6 pages of pictures ... but they should load quite rapidly, as they just contain clickable thumbnail image links to the actual full-size photos ...

A sample ....

If anyone is interested, here's the link:

http://members.memlane.com/gromboug/rmr4_MAY_2006.htm

Let me know what you think ....

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com