Author Topic: Take the survey  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Take the survey
« on: March 01, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
There is a survey in process.  I answered "strongly disagree" to all questions.  This is also running on the SASS wire.

Perhaps we can make them understand that their views on gun control are not universal.

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SRV_2007GeneralLegislativePrioritiesSurvey

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Ransom Gaer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Take the survey
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »
DD,

I responded to it like you did, but I doubt they will take our respones seriously.  Let's face it they have their own agenda and they won't let the fact get in the way of their opinion.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Offline BlaiseNSaddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »
I did as well but wonder if from the e-mail response I got back if they won't just use the cast ballots no matter what the responses are to say "See how many people participated" and thus by inference pretend they agree with their agenda.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:30 PM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:16:46 PM »
I noticed it states the survey was intended for their membership. No doubt any responses after they are scrubbed against their master membership list and are not members will be thrown out.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »
I voted.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »
I got an email back from them too. I then let them have it with both barrels. I let them know that I support their first amendment fully and they should respect the second one. Bogus gundealers, yeah right. I want to see all the proof of that one. If they want to start another prohibition type scenario, then they will see some bogus blackmarketing and gone will be all the checks that are currently in place. Yeah, they are some really smart folks over there at Brady. Betcha, the whole pack of them has at least one gun in the house too.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline California Lawdawg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:06 PM »
Done!

Lawdawg

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 12:15:23 AM »
Done!

NRA Life member since 1958. My folks gave it to me for my birthday.  Was a field rep in 1977 & 78 in MO, KS & NE. 
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 02:39:00 AM »
Survey made me feel ILL!
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Offline buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »
  Im so glad they know whats best for me.

From my cold dead hands!  >:(

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 03:51:47 AM »
I got an email back from them too. I then let them have it with both barrels. I let them know that I support their first amendment fully and they should respect the second one. Bogus gundealers, yeah right. I want to see all the proof of that one. If they want to start another prohibition type scenario, then they will see some bogus blackmarketing and gone will be all the checks that are currently in place. Yeah, they are some really smart folks over there at Brady. Betcha, the whole pack of them has at least one gun in the house too.

I like you responded bak but my email was kicked back............
Mathew 5.9

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:39 AM »
Done.  I've widened my definition of "terrorists" to include these folks.  Simply spreading fear out of an unreasonable phobia of an inanimate object seems to fall into the definition in Webster's:  ": the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."  Terror is defined as:  "1: a state of intense fear
2 a: one that inspires fear : scourge b: a frightening aspect <the terrors of invasion> c: a cause of anxiety : worry d: an appalling person or thing; especially : brat
3: reign of terror
4: violent or destructive acts (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands <insurrection and revolutionary terror>"

In addition, and directly on point:  Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law copyright 1996 defines terrorism as:

"1: the unlawful use or threat of violence esp. against the state or the public as a politically motivated meand of attack or coercion

2: violent and intimidating gang activity" {emphasis added}

What these folks are doing is using the threat of violence against the public in an attempt to instill fear and coerce people to join their political agenda.  Somehow this seems illegal.  I'm sure it would be if the NRA were using the threat of violence to coerce everyone to own a firearm.  The fact that one is good sense (owning a firearm for your self protection) while the other is sheer lunacy (depending on the "State" for your personal protection) is immaterial.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Patron

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
"Take the survey" reminds me of how NAZI Germany 1920's & 30's started or something close too that  >:(!!!
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »
You're right Micky 66,

The way it's worded they make it seem like there's only one possible answer for each question.  Not so!

Thanks,

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1750
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »
   Greetings!

Only ONE thing needs to be remembered here: these people could give a hoot about "facts", unless they pander to their goals; they could care even less about anyone that disagrees with their goals; their beliefs are based upon fear and ignorance, that's how they see their world, and you will not change them. The only people you can influence are the 'fence-sitters' and the 'bystanders' that haven't been given the facts, or haven't really contemplated the concept of freedom, and its risks. Freedom is dangerous! Freedom is scary! Freedom means one has to actually think, and be responsible and accountable for one's actions! Some folks are perfectly happy to trade their liberties for "safety", and you really hear this a lot in our post 9/11 world.

Sorry for the Rant...

Be Well, All!

M.T.Marfield:.
                          3-3-07

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com