New gun.

Started by Silent Joe, January 13, 2007, 12:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Joe

This is my new (second hand) gun. I've ordered this for my birthday and now I've it.
It is a Sauer&Sohn Western Marshal made in Western Germany in cal. 38 Sp./357 Mag.

Ozark Tracker

Joe,  it looks like you are ready to have some fun shooting when the time comes.  congratulations.

It's always fun to get used to a new gun.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Stump Water

Sweeeet!

That sure does look like a mercury dime in the grip.

Tensleep

Joe that is a fine looking pistol,

Between Miz Annie, Bucksaw, Whet Leather an' me we have 9 Hawes in 38/357 at the moment, they are tough and sturdy as a Rooger.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Wymore Wrangler

Nice looking shooting iron pardner...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Silent Joe

Stump Water, you're right. On the right side one from 1937 and left from 1945.
It is a beautiful look.  :D

Stump Water

Quote from: Silent Joe on January 15, 2007, 09:20:19 AM
Stump Water, you're right. On the right side one from 1937 and left from 1945.
It is a beautiful look.  :D

Yes it is. I like it!

Silver Creek Slim

Congrats, pard. Nice gun.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Dakota Dan from OZ

Nice looking gun Joe,its great feeling when you buy a new one and then get it out to the range and shoot it and like it.

Dakota  8)
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Silent Joe

Well, Pards. Today I've had my first shoot with my new gun and it was great. I used 38 Sp. brass with 4 grn. nitro and a 158 grn. RNFT bullit. Distance was 65.5 Ft. With good results for a first time. I think I've made a good deal.  :D  :D  ;D

Spanish Marshal

My friend, it´s a great birthday present.  ;)

Congratulations.

Spanish Marshal

Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

buck

Happy Birthday Joe!  :)

that sure is a nice lookin revolver, I hope you enjoy it.

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Tensleep on January 14, 2007, 08:35:40 PM
Between Miz Annie, Bucksaw, Whet Leather an' me we have 9 Hawes in 38/357 at the moment, they are tough and sturdy as a Rooger.

Tenzzzzzz, I've been meaning to talk to you about this.  I've got one and the gap between the rear of the cylinder and the shileld is soooooo small that neither I or the Loading Table officer could tell if I had it parked on the empty cylinder.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Marauder

Yup, those are fine guns!

And they do have rebated cylinders, so you can't readily see where the empty is. 
I suggest that you make a small mark on the outside of one of the holes so that you can see the mark from the side.  Then leave that one empty and advise the Loading Table as you load it.  Then they can see that it is empty and know where the emty is when the action is closed.

You can scratch on a mark, or use a colored marker of some sort.  Or have something engraved on that spot and cover it with grey primer for protection.

Silent Joe

Pards, I allways know were my empty hole is when I load 5 bullits. I start with a bullit in the first hole, the second hole stay empty, than I load the next 4 bullits. At the end I took the hammer in shootingposition and let'm down under control of my thumb. The hammer is parked on the empty hole. Just try it out and see for yourself.  ;) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com