2007 National Shoot

Started by French Jack, October 16, 2006, 05:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Horse Bailey

Rich, load that Bersa up with Black Powder and they MIGHT look the other way.  Or not.   ;)  ;D

You'll have a hoot at Hooten, Maj. M.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Dusty Tagalon

Well, sent the 2nd set of springs back to Gun Parts Inc. This time I included both the spring & plunger, & a picture of 235 on the receiver. They responded to my return stating that the spring I sent them was from a 335. The springs for the 335 are also too small for the 235. Hopefully 3 times is a charm. If not I will be shooting SS.

Brian

French Jack

Dusty-- if you need to borrow a shotgun, let me know.  We can fix you up in a 12 ga.
French Jack

Trap

The KVC contingent should be pulling in to Hooten a week form this evening. I have already packed most of my gear, helps the excitement build. Will probably re-pack a couple of times to keep the adrenaline rush high.              jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Major Matt Lewis

Trap,

I'm hurt :'( :'( :'(....not really ;)....I thought Diamond and I were part of the KVC contingent and we won't be there until Tuesday evening.

Hope I remember a certain .44 Special I am thinking of.... :o :o :o  Of courses my memory will helped be jogged by a certain movie. ;)
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Ottawa Creek Bill

You guys have a safe trip....see you a week from this coming thursday.......

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Major Matt Lewis

Can we wear firearms to the banquet?  I am thinking that if the answer is "Yes" wearing a pistol.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

French Jack

You can go 'heeled to the banquet.
French Jack

Will Ketchum

Quote from: French Jack on June 09, 2007, 05:21:08 PM
For those of you wanting a round count, here goes.  Pistol caliber rifle-- 100 rds.is plenty.  2 pistol classes will need 110 rounds of ammo, 1 pistol classes will need 60.  No pocket pistol.  Shotgun if your class requires it-- a box is plenty.  This will cover the main stages.  There are plenty of side matches, so bring a pile of ammo for them.  There will also be derringer and pocket pistol side matches.

Bob, thanks for the count.  Any idea what we will need for the side matches?

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

French Jack

Will, there are several side matches.  I don't know how much you want to shoot, so just for a middle of the road, just about the same again as for the main match.
French Jack

Will Ketchum

Well Bob, I was wondering what side matches there would be.  Rowdy did mention some but somehow I deleted his reply to me.

So How many for T=Rex?

Will there be a pocket pistol side match?  If so how many rounds?

Last year we had the falling plate/bullseye match, will there be something similar?

Long range revolver?  Long range pistol caliber rifle?

I hope I'm not being too much of a pest :-[

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

French Jack

I believe Rowdy has something for everyone, from the ever popular T-Rex to derringer and Pocket Pistol.  Speed rifle and pistol, trap, speed shotgun, JW Hardin, Big Bore Lever Rifle, Long range pistol and rifle ( pistol Cal.), and several more.  I don't know the details.  Rowdy just mentioned the matches.  With an all day pass you can shoot to your heart's content.
French Jack

Lone Gunman

Quote from: French Jack on June 11, 2007, 07:46:53 PM
I believe Rowdy has something for everyone, ...JW Hardin,  and several more.  I don't know the details. 

Well....let me venture a guess on the Hardin scenario... ;D     "The shooter begins with a revolver loaded with 5 rounds entangled in his suspenders.  At the sound of the beep he engages as many targets as possible before being knocked out by the timer operator wielding a Colt Walker or Dragoon."   
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Trap

MM, Of course you and diamond are part of the KVC, I thought you were caravaning with us.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Major Matt Lewis

Major Matt Lewis

Grizzle Bear

Major Matt, we were hitting the road Monday, when were you going?

GB
Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Major Matt Lewis

Tuesday Morning at 09:30.  So I reckon we will be bringing up the rear. ::)

Tina has to work Monday night/Tuesday morning, so she will come home and we will leave.
Major Matt Lewis

Steel Horse Bailey

Another question, FJ:  if I remember correctly, last year all brass was collected up after each shooter and returned to them.  Will it be the same this year, or do we have to "donate" our brass?  (I hope not!)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

French Jack

This will NOT, I repeat, NOT be a 'Dead Brass' shoot.  We will police the brass as we go.  If you don't want it, then you can toss it or whatever. 
French Jack

Steel Horse Bailey

Thanks!  I prefer to keep my brass.  This way I won't have to load up my "throwaway" brass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com