Self-made new .40 Caliber Volcanic Rifle

Started by Henry4440, March 10, 2010, 09:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry4440

Trailrider

Neat! Wonder what he does for ammo????  Fulminate of mercury is nasty stuff to...ah...stuff into the rear of a hollow-based bullet!  :o
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

I think he modernized the ammo by using .40 S&W cases.  This website doesn`t explain, but I`ll bet Hobie`s blog does.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

:o What a work of art, amazing, I will be amazed if that man not gone be headhunted by UBERTI or COLT or others.
He is a gunsmith to he's fingertips.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Daniel Nighteyes

At a gun show a few years back, a fellow Seller and a long-term friend showed me his latest "treasures":

1.  A Volcanic pistol

2. An 1851 Colt Navy, and

3. A fantastic Bowie

all of which had been carefully, and recently, manufactured by one person.  The absence of serial numbers, particularly on the '51 Navy, caused my friend to be very antsy vis-a-vis to whom he showed his newly-acquired treasures.  And he wouldn't have parted with them for love nor money.

I'm here to tell ya that all three were carefully and painstakingly produced.  I would have given my right -- ah -- never mind -- for the '51 Navy, but he wouldn't sell.

Coffinmaker

I followed the thread on "Paco Kelly's Levergun" forum from start to finish.  The cartridge is a "short" .40 S&W.  That little rifle is a Work of Art!!

I want one!!  Or ....... even TWO!!

Coffinmaker

stepnmud

I believe this is the same fella that brought his home spun Volcanic to Thunder River Renegades Match last weekend and I did get to handle it for a few minutes,...extremely well made and very tight. Seemed almost like a toy compared to a full sized 9lb. Henry. Heard he also shot some rounds down range with the little 40S&W bullets. Also had a Volcanic revolver he was working on and near completion and would much like to experience shooting that thing. Hope he comes back soon. 8)

CRM

Quote from: stepnmud on March 13, 2010, 03:26:37 PM
I believe this is the same fella that brought his home spun Volcanic to Thunder River Renegades Match last weekend and I did get to handle it for a few minutes,...extremely well made and very tight. Seemed almost like a toy compared to a full sized 9lb. Henry. Heard he also shot some rounds down range with the little 40S&W bullets. Also had a Volcanic revolver he was working on and near completion and would much like to experience shooting that thing. Hope he comes back soon. 8)

Might be me.

Where's "Thunder River Renegades"?

You gonna be there tomorrow?

Dusty Morningwood

Henry4440

Quote from: CRM on June 04, 2010, 09:21:08 AM
Might be me.

Where's "Thunder River Renegades"?

You gonna be there tomorrow?

I WANT ONE OF THESE LITTLE BABES!!!!

Fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harley Starr