Ballsitol

Started by fourfingersofdeath, April 23, 2008, 04:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourfingersofdeath

What is the exact Ballistol product that you use to make Moose Milk? My local gunshop has Ballistol Oil and what looks like the same thing in spray bottles. I don't think this is what you guys are referring to.

On a side note, if you ever see Ballistol Klever, a super strong solent, grab some. For soaking a filthy surplus milsup bbl, there's nothing quiet like it. I haven't seen it for years. It does an incredible job.
Mick
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy 4 Fingers!

Moosemilk is a generic term for a solution of Ballistol and water.  Usually in a ratio from 10 - 1 (10 water, 1 Ballistol) to 5 - 1.  Ya gotta shake it frequently, as oil & water really don't mix, but it will form a colloidal suspension that has worked for quite some time.

Buy the can and mix your own formula.  I prefer 6 or 7 to 1.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Cuts Crooked

Steel Horse tol' ya right pard!

I'll add that the stuff in the spray can is also nice fer doin' a quick squirt on a problem at the range.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Noz

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on April 23, 2008, 04:41:58 PM

Buy the can and mix your own formula.  I prefer 6 or 7 to 1.

That's my blend, too. I carry an "eyedrop" bottle, I think it held artificial tears, for emergencies on the range. A drop of the straight stuff on the arbor of a cap and ball revolver can save a match. I'm so addicted to Ballistol that I find I have hidden bottles like an alcoholic. I don't ever want to run out.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com