First Tooling Attempt

Started by Whiskey Creek Adams, March 10, 2008, 07:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiskey Creek Adams

My first attempt at any kind of tooling.  These are all stamps.

Holster pattern is my own.  Leather 8-9 oz unlined.  Hand stitched with end plugs (oval). Finish is oil, with Fiebings Antique Finish and Tan-Kote seal. Eight degree, butt forward cant.

The Botas de Alas I made last year.

I also made the knife from a Green River blank with bone slabs which I cracked and antiqued. I antiqued the blade also.

Next year I want to start on learning some real tooling with swivel knife, beveler etc.

Obviously, I'm not much of a photographer either.

Ace if you read this the rose was done with the C-Clamp process it told you about.

St. George

Nice, clean, workmanlike tooling - your first attempts are great.

As you gain familiarity, it'll become easier - so long as you're patient.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOWDY pARD  :)

Ditto on what St.George said , very nice work Pard. :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Whiskey, nice holsters  :)  The Rose is a nice touch, i thought that you did a graet job on placement of the roses, you are probably like me, i have several diff. digital camera's but none of mine will take close ups, and since i am spending all my extra money trying to get to shoot CAS  I havn't went and bought a lens with maco to fit either one of my SLR Digatal camera's I would like to see a close up of the rose, it might of been the lighting, but the Rose looks a litttle less detailed than a hand stamp, but like i said it could of been just the lighting. I think they look great!!!
If I could get a good method and deep impressions, I would like to buy a corner rose stamp, and then a little more detailed to put in the middle. Do you make most of those style holsters or do you do the skiirt type. My next will be a skirt type holster of my own design.
The Holters Look AWESOME thanks for sharing
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks really good, pard. I like the clean lines and simple border. The pattern looks nice, too. Making your own really personalized them. Keep 'em coming.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com