Refinished Type II Richards

Started by Fox Creek Kid, February 18, 2008, 07:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Creek Kid

I promised Abilene I'd post photos when my gun was done. Grips are Gripmaker checkered faux ivory fitted by Ron Fabert. Gun polished, defarbed & nickelled by John Schultz with fire blue screws & trigger. Serial #'s stamped as originals including cylinder. Ejector rod housing drilled out to correct 1/4" and new correct longer rod made.

Fox Creek Kid

Other side.

Sgt. Jake

Fox Creek Kid    That sure is purdy,very nice job sir. Gripmaker is quite an artist when it comes to grips.       Adios  Sgt. Jake

Deadeye Dick

Nice lookin' shootin' iron there kid.
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Black River Smith

That is very nice.  Are you going to shoot it?

Enjoy
Black River Smith

Abilene

Fox Creek Kid

Thanks men.

QuoteAre you going to shoot it?

I shot it before all the work to determine POA but now I'm not so sure.  ;)

Pappy Hayes

I need to get some of those grips for mine. You or gripmaker told me to trace the grip frame to have some made. Is that the inside of the grip frame with the original grips removed or the out side? Really nice looking pard

Fox Creek Kid

Pappy, you need to remove the wooden grips and then re-screw everything back in place minus the wood. Position the steel gripframe MOUNTED ON THE GUN over a piece of paper where you can trace the backstrap & frontstrap. Mail to Larry at Gripmaker.  ;)

Pappy Hayes

Thanks for the information Fox Creek Kid

Coffinmaker

Cruel and Inhuman punishment!!  There autta be a LAW!!  Now I have been drooling all over my keyboard.  Gotta clean up the mess.  That is one fine handgun. 
It does need to be shot though.  If your not too sure if you want to, I'll do it for ya.  Nominal fee, correct reloads only. 

It ay take a while to get it back to ya though.  Quite a while ........ in fact.

Wish it were mine!!

Coffinmaker

Dirty

Do you have to be a pimp to own something as flash as that? :P

I bet you have nickle plated tyres ( tires for you modern folk, or not British ! ) on your wagon!

Pretty slick stuff.

Now, shoot it so much that all the nickle gets ugly, or falls off.

Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com