Frank James Floral Stamps

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, December 01, 2007, 09:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Due to the interest generated by Will Ghormley's post on the other thread, I'm starting this one to see how many of us would want those stamps and to help convince Tandy to make them. So, how many would buy one of both of them? I'd certainly do both and if I got a lot of use, possibly a spare set.

Will mentioned in an email to me that he has re-submitted his Frank James Rig to Tandy. That should help generate a need for those stamps if they take them on. If you would be interested in those stamps, here's a link to Tandy's customer service email so you can make yourself heard. Be sure to send them a note so we can light a fire under them. Here's the link: tlfhelp@leatherfactory.com Make your wants known, pards.

As a reminder, here's a photo of Will's holster with those stamps (handmade with a stack of tools by him) on them.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will

You can count me in, I just sent Tandy a letter, requesting that they make a tooling stamps of the large flowers in Will Ghormley's Jesse and Frank James holster pattern. I hope this works, and I don't see why it wouldn't Tandy seems eager to please there customers.

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

I would also be interested. I noticed they dont carry the Frank pattern in the catalog. Its a shame. Very good looking holster. Gonna shoot them an email here shortly. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Keep at it, pards. This is how we're going to let them know there's a profit for them by making those stamps and offering the holster pattern set.

will ghormley

Hey Guys,

It looks like I'll be able to get the Frank James Rosette stamps cast with a steel handle.  I'm not sure of the price yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I have a firm number.  I've started the process of makin' the mold that will be used to cast the stamp head out of.  It's time consuming and won't be cheep, like pickin' up a mass-produced tool at Tandy Leather Factory.  But, it will be less expensive than hand-made custom tools from the real tool makers.

I'll keep ya' posted.

Will
"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Tommy tornado

Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Marshal Will Wingam

Ah, good news. I need both of them. Thanks for chasing these down. Let us know when you have the pricing.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's good news Will, I'll keep a light on for ya ;D

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

will ghormley

March 2nd, '08

I got started on the Frank James Rosettes last Friday.  I realized late Saturday afternoon, I was making the stamp so the image would be reversed of what it was on Frank's holster.  So, today, (Sunday afternoon actually), I started over again.  I hope to have both stamps sent off to the foundry next week, (I'm always so optomistic when I plan stuff), but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get the stamps back.

I'll check 'em out and see what kind of impression they leave.  If they are good, I'll have 'em made up.  If not, I'll start all over again.  I'll also know a price on the stamps by then.  So, the Frank James Rosettes are actually on their way to reality.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

Yes!! Cant wait till then Will !! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

That's great, Will, I'm stoked. Put me down for a pair. I'll come up with a project to put them to use. I'd better oil up my mallet... ;D

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

sOUNDS good WILL  ;D :D ;)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D 8)

David Carrico

For those of you that haven't seen it, I have a picture of the original James Boy's holsters on my website. This is from a private collection, the photo was given to me when I was doing the research for the movie. Will helped design it. As you can see in the picture, Will's right on! Jesse's holster in the pic is supposedly the one he laid on the bed before he was shot. But we all know he wasn't killed, it was just a cover up. I think he lived out the rest of his days with William H. Bonney and Butch Cassidy! Put me down for one of those stamps too! Picture is at the bottom of the page : http://www.carricoleather.com/oldwestleather.html

outrider

Howdy Will:

Put me down for a set of those stamps...
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

;DMe TOO ;D I most definaly would buy both  ;D ;D
Since I am just starting I have been reading on how to do one by hand :o :o
I want them stamps. i will give Tandy a e-mail

Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy David Carrrico

Thanks David for sharing those pictures , it's nice to have the real thing to compare too. :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Quote from: David Carrico on March 03, 2008, 08:32:42 AM
For those of you that haven't seen it, I have a picture of the original James Boy's holsters on my website. This is from a private collection, the photo was given to me when I was doing the research for the movie. Will helped design it. As you can see in the picture, Will's right on! Jesse's holster in the pic is supposedly the one he laid on the bed before he was shot. But we all know he wasn't killed, it was just a cover up. I think he lived out the rest of his days with William H. Bonney and Butch Cassidy! Put me down for one of those stamps too! Picture is at the bottom of the page : http://www.carricoleather.com/oldwestleather.html

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the link to the photo of the original James' holsters. That's really great.

outrider

Hi David:

Any chances of getting a larger copy of the James holster picture put up on here so others can down load it?  I for one would like a copy of that photo.

Thanks  Outrider
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

David Carrico

That's a thumbnail. You can click on it for a bigger picture. Then right click it and steal it. If that's not big enough, send me a PM and I will send you the 8x10. Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Flinch Morningwood

I'd be interested in a set as well....
"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight."

- Jayne Cobb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com